Upside Down French Braid Bun – Hair Tutorial
Long Hair French Braid Tutorial
How to do an upside down french braid – a long hair tutorial!
You’re able to see how long my hair is in this tutorial. In step five, my hair is straight up which shows how long it is.
So far, I’ve only shared with you braid tutorials. Pretty soon, I’ll be sharing other ways of styling your hair and a variety of cool up-dos. I want to know if there are any specific hairstyles that you would like to see in a step-by-step tutorial.
I love sharing with you fun ways to style your hair. Most of these tutorials tailor to longer hair just because my hair is long. But most of these can also apply to you even if you have short hair.
Upside Down Long Hair French Braid Bun
Start this braid tutorial with clean, dry and untangled hair. It’s best to use a wide tooth comb to untangle your hair.
- Comb through your hair with a wide tooth comb making sure there are no tangles. Bend over so all your hair falls forward.
- Section off the hair into three separate sections and start the braid (french braid).
- Continue braiding your hair straight towards the top of your head.
Here’s the quick step-by-step process in french braiding your hair. Take your three sections so that two strands are held in one hand and the third strand is head in your opposite hand. Create a few rows of a regular braid by taking the strand on the right and crossing it over the center. Then take the strand from the left and cross it over to the center. Before repeating your cross-over motion, gather a little bit of additional hair from the top side, and add it to this section; now cross this larger portion of hair over the middle section of the braid. Then repeat.
- Depending on how high you want your bun to be will determine where you stop your braid. As you can see in step four we continued braiding until we reached the top of my head.
- Once you finish braiding tie the remaining hair with a hair tie.
- Twist your hair into a bun and secure it with bobby pins.
Depending on how much hair you have after you’re done with your braid will determine how large of a bun you’ll have. If you have short hair you can tease your hair to create a fuller bun. If you have long hair, like I do, you don’t need to tease your hair too much because the bun will already be large.
You can also finish off this upside down braid with a sock bun.
Leave me a comment or tweet me a photo if you try this hairstyle!
PS: If you’re looking for more braids for long hair check out the blog post 10 Braids for Long Hair that You’ll Love!