Summer is all about sunshine, tan lines, sunglasses, beaches, long nights, tall drinks, relaxation and if you’re lucky a summer vacation or two.
There is something about summer that excites everyone from young to old and the best summer quotes encapsulate that summer excitement in just a sentence or two.
Below I’ve listed out the best summer quotes that will either get you excited for summer to arrive or happy that it’s already here. Use these summer quotes for your Instagram captions, Facebook posts, or texts to friends. 🙂
And if you love the beach as much as I do make sure to check out 117 of the BEST Beach Quotes (& Beach Photos) for Your Inspiration!
Or if you are planning on traveling this summer or already are check out 134 of the Best Travel Quotes (with Inspirational Travel Photos) so you have that perfect travel caption for your travel photo!
Cute Summer Quotes
Some of the best things in summer are cute! Cute hats, cute hair-dos, cute summer outfits, cute babies on the beach and so on and so on. These summer quotes can make you giggle, put a smile on your face and puts into perspective the cute things about summer.
- “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” ― Henry James
- “Let us dance in the sun, wearing wild flowers in our hair…” ― Susan Polis Schutz
- “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … it’s summertime!” ― Kenny Chesney
- “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” ― Charles Bowden
- “One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” ― Jeannette Walls
- “Summer means happy times and good sunshine. It means going to the beach, going to Disneyland, having fun.”- Brian Wilson
- “Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet.”- Bob Marley
- “Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds.”- Regina Brett
- “One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.”—Henry David Thoreau
- “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” -Henry James Getemoji
- “I drifted into a summer-nap under the hot shade of July, serenaded by a cicadae lullaby, to drowsy-warm dreams of distant thunder.” -Terri Guillemets
- “Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed.” – Unknown
- “Friends, sun, sand, and sea, that sounds like a summer to me.” – Unknown
- “You are so much sunshine in every square inch.” – Walt Whitman
- “I could never in a hundred summers get tired of this.” —Susan Branch
- “And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling.” ― Shanti
- “Those Lazy-Hazy-Crazy Days of Summer.” – Nat King Cole
Funny Summer Quotes
What is summer without a little fun! These funny summer quotes will put a smile on your face and share them with a friend who needs a laugh. Just like summer love, summer and fun are just supposed to go together. Spending time with friends, hanging out at the beach, fun times with siblings and pool parties are joyous occasions that bring a smile to your face.
- “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.”- Sam Keen
- “Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it.” -Russell Baker
- “A man says a lot of things in summer he doesn’t mean in winter.” ― Patricia Briggs
- “Summer bachelors like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” ― Nora Ephron
- “Some of the best memories are made in flip flops.” ― Kellie Elmore
- “I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer.”- Brendan Behan
- “Let a man walk ten miles steadily on a hot summer’s day along a dusty English road, and he will soon discover why beer was invented.”- Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Working is bad enough in the winter, but in the summer it can become completely intolerable. Stuck in airless offices, every fibre of our being seems to cry out for freedom. We’re reminded of being stuck in double maths while the birds sing outside.”- Tom Hodgkinson
- “A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken.” – James Dent
- “It’s a sure sign of summer if the chair gets up when you do.” -Walter Winchell
- “Why is summer mist romantic and autumn mist just sad?” -Dodie Smith
- “Summer vacation: where you drink triple, see double and act single.” – Unknown
- “A lot of parents pack up their troubles and send them off to summer camp.” – Raymond Duncan
- “Summer bachelors like summer breezes, are never as cool as they pretend to be.” – Nora Ephron
- “Do what we can, summer will have its flies.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
- I’m sorry for the things I said when it was winter.
Summer Love Quotes
Summer fling, summer romance, summer love, summer, and love go together life tan lines and beaches. You can’t think about summer without love. So it’s only fitting that I include a section just dedicated to summer love quotes.
- “I know I am but summer to your heart, and not the full four seasons of the year.” ― Edna St. Vincent Millay
- “I could taste the salt on her lips, each kiss like a summer wave breaking on an empty beach.” ― Michael Faudet
- “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” ― Kellie Elmore
- “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.”—Jenny Han
- “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.”- Langston Hughes
- “Nothing is more memorable than a smell. One scent can be unexpected, momentary and fleeting, yet conjure up a childhood summer beside a lake in the mountains.”- Diane Ackerman
- “Tears of joy are like the summer rain drops pierced by sunbeams.”- Hosea Ballou
- “Summer has filled her veins with light and her heart is washed with noon.”- C. Day Lewis
- “A life without love is like a year without summer.”
- “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” ―Maud Hart Lovelace
- “In the long dusks of summer we walked the suburban streets through scents of maple and cut grass, waiting for something to happen.” ―Steven Millhauser
- “Sweet, sweet burn of sun and summer wind, and you my friend, my new fun thing, my summer fling.” – K.D. Lang
Summer Inspirational Quotes
- “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” ― F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “It was one of those March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade.” ― Charles Dickens
- “Rejoice as summer should…chase away sorrows by living.” ― Melissa Marr
- “In the depth of winter I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.”- Albert Camus
- “He who marvels at the beauty of the world in summer will find equal cause for wonder and admiration in winter.”- John Burroughs
- “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.”- John Lubbock
- “Summers had a logic all their own and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That’s why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe.”―Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- “In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible.” ―Sarah Dessen
- “While we’re young and beautiful, living free and easy. Here without a worry, dancing in our bare feet because when the summer’s done we might not be so young and beautiful.”
- “Ah, summer – that long-anticipated stretch of lazy, lingering days, free of responsibility and rife with possibility. It’s a time to hunt for insects, master handstands, practice swimming strokes, conquer trees, explore nooks and crannies, and make new friends.” – Darrell Hammond
- “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” -L. M. Montgomery
- “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble too difficult to overcome.” – Wilma Rudolph
Summer Vacation Quotes
What could be more fun than a summer vacation! Whether it’s with friends, family, your boyfriend, girlfriend or even by yourself a summer vacation is what you look forward to all year! Here are a few of my favorite summer vacation quotes to get you in the travel spirit!
- “When people went on vacation, they shed their home skins, thought they could be a new person.” ―Aimee Friedman
- “When all else fails, take a vacation.” – Betty Williams
- “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” – Robert Orben
- “If you’re not barefoot, then you’re overdressed.” – Unknown
Summer Nights Quotes
- “It was rapture enough just to sit there beside him in silence, alone in the summer night in the white splendor of moonshine, with the wind blowing down on them out of the pine woods.” ―L.M. Montgomery
- “The summer night was settling upon the neighborhood like a dark lace veil, casting dappled shadows on the roofs and sidewalks and lawns.” ―Victoria Kahler
- “Summer: Hair gets lighter. Skin gets darker. Water gets warmer. Drinks get colder. Music gets louder. Nights get longer. Life gets better.”
- “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.”- Wallace Stevens
Short Summer Quotes
These are the best summer quotes for Instagram captions, Facebook posts, Pinterest images. These short summer quotes are witty, cute, fun, and just get your daydreaming about those hot days under palm trees. Make sure to pin your favorite image to your summer board on Pinterest.
- “It’s always summer somewhere.” —Lilly Pulitzer
- “In summer, the song sings itself.” -William Carlos Williams
- “Be Sure Not To Fizzle When The Summer Starts To Sizzle”
- “The tans will fade but the memories will last forever.”
- “There is always that one summer that changes you.”
- “Salt in the air, sand in my hair.” – Unknown
- “There is no ‘we’ in summer. Only ‘u’ and ‘me’.” – Unknown
- “My favorite weather is bird-chirping weather.” – Terri Guillemets
- “Hip, Hip, Hooray for the Hot Summer Day!” – Unknown
- “Summertime and the livin’ is easy.” – Porgy and Bess
- “It’s summer and time for wandering…” – Kellie Elmore
- “Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” – Van Morrison
- “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine…it’s summertime!” – Kenny Chesney
- “I was made for sunny days.”
- “Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” —William Shakespeare
- Sunshine on my mind.
- Happiness is cold watermelon.
- Ocean air salty hair.
- She had that whiskey sipping skinny dipping smile. – Atticus
- Watch more sunsets than Netflix.
- A summer I’ll always remember with people I’ll never forget.
- Summer is a state of mind.
- If it requires a bikini, my answer is yes.
- I need to go where there’s no shoes and no responsibilities.
End of Summer Quotes
Oh, these are the saddest of the summer quotes because it means the end, the end of hot days and summer vacations. End of summer is no easy thing especially for kids because it means going back to school and trading the beach for the classroom. But as all good things must come to an end, and the cycle of the year must continue it’s best to look back and cherish the memories created in the summer and look forward to the next one.
- “What good is the warmth of summer, without the cold of winter to give it sweetness.” ― John Steinbeck
- “Summer will end soon enough, and childhood as well.” ― George R.R. Martin
- “Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” ― William Shakespeare
- “August rain: the best of the summer gone, and the new fall not yet born. The odd uneven time.” ―Sylvia Plath
- “The crickets felt it was their duty to warn everybody that summertime cannot last forever. Even on the most beautiful days in the whole year – the days when summer is changing into autumn – the crickets spread the rumor of sadness and change.” ―E.B. White
- “The end-of-summer winds make people restless.” -Sebastian Faulks
- “Watching the summer close is like watching a good kid die for no apparent reason.” -Darnell Lamont Walker
- “It is easy to forget how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” – Anna Godbersen
- “There is something deep within us that sobs at endings. Why, God, does everything have to end? Why does all nature grow old? Why do spring and summer have to go?” – Joe Wheeler
- “Summer will end soon enough, childhood as well.” – George R.R. Martin
- “If June was the beginning of a hopeful summer, and July the juice middle, August was suddenly feeling like the bitter end.” – Sarah Dessen
Which summer quote is your favorite? Leave a comment below sharing which quote you love and if there is a quote that I missed! Share the summer love joy and leave it in the comments below!