5 Steps to Make Sure You Workout
Workout to Improve the Way You Look & Feel
Today I want to talk with you about looking incredible and feeling great.
Have you ever wanted to lose weight, tone muscle, and get the energy to do all the things you love?
By the way, if you’re curious why I’m talking about fitness, read on…
Over the years, I wondered why women said one thing about their style, but did the opposite.
“I should clean out my closet…” but no one does.
“I should stop spending money on trendy items and invest in essentials…” which is hard but most people don’t do this.
But do you know what the third most common one is?
“I really should work out…”
We all have something we want to improve about our bodies. Maybe it’s losing 10lbs. Maybe it’s toning up. Some of us just want a flat stomach…or we want to fit into those old jeans.
Looking great and feeling amazing is a core part of living a Stylish Life. You don’t have to sacrifice one thing for another. You can have your fabulous blog and have a healthy and active lifestyle. You can keep a clean house and go for a run.
At this point you may be thinking but I really really don’t have any time, I hate the gym, and get bored using the same workout machines.
These are things we all deal with but we have to remember that working out doesn’t necessary mean “going to the gym.”
It means being active. I had a gym membership while in college and I went for the first part of it then I trailed off. Finally, I cancelled it. Personally, I don’t like going to the gym, I stay active in other ways.
Such as running outdoors, trying new workouts at home like 90X, insanity or at least setting time aside in the evening to go for a walk.
Let me share with you the 5 steps I do to make sure I always make time for a workout so I have the energy to do all the things I love.
- Get cute workout clothes. How excited do you get when you get new clothes for the office? You can’t wait to wear them right! Treat yourself to workout wear you feel stylish in. You want to look StylishlyFit not frumpy. I’m wearing lucy activewear in these photos. Their clothes are have style and are versatile.
- Set a “workout time.” For some people it’s the morning, for others it’s the evening. Set it and don’t forget it! Keep in mind, you can vary the times from morning to night on those days you have conflicts. No more “I’ll do it tomorrow”.
- Get a printed calendar and write your workout times on it, set it in a place you’ll see every day and get a large red marker. Cross out the day once you’ve finished the workout. It’s like checking things off a to-do list, it feels great! Make sure it’s printed, not digital, or you won’t get the same feeling of accomplishment. Also, you’ll know how many times you exercised by the amount of red X’s you see. A Tony Horton recommendation, you should have at least 23 red X’s on that calendar every month.
- Work towards goals like an event, a summer trip or a workout challenge. By this I mean, avoid appearance goal. Work toward something greater and your motivation will not fail. For example, January of last year I worked towards the goal of being fit for Barcelona in July. After that trip, my fitness focused on preparing me for a Tough Mudder. Even with preparation it kicked my butt but it was well worth it. Now I’m working with my boyfriend towards one of his huge goals. He’s soon to be 30 and he wants to be the fittest he’s ever been by his b-day. When you set your goals to items actions and challenges rather than just your appearance you are more likely to stick to them.
- Find an accountability buddy! You need to have like-minded people that want to lift you up every day. You know what they say, you are the sum of your 5 closest friends. It can be your best friend, boyfriend, husband, someone from work or online. When you have someone keeping you accountable you’re most likely to stick to it!
If you’ve seen the benefits of improving your style, wardrobe, career, and even attitude, imagine what you could do improving the way you look and feel.
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by lucy through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about lucy, all opinions are my own.
Great tips! I need to get back on track to get ready for my sister’s wedding. It’s so important to figure out the workouts that are fun for you, otherwise you won’t stick with them. I’m still figuring out workouts I like that are free because I have no budget for a gym membership or workout classes.
Great tips! Working out is so good for the physical AND mental health.
These are great workout tips, though truthfully I like working out so much I don’t generally have trouble getting to the gym. It’s eating healthfully that I have more problems with. Would love to see your tips on that!
Style by Joules
wow you look so chic even in work out gear! cool work out gear at that- love the stripes and u are so fit!!! Totally look up to you. xO!