3 Easy & Stylish Must Try Ponytail Hairstyles
In today’s post I’m going to share with you not only how to make a super sleek ponytail but also how to change up a classic ponytail with two different ponytail hairstyles.
These are the steps I take to style my hair every time I’m going for a sleek hairstyle. I’m going to share with you the tools and products I use to create these fun ponytail looks.
Ponytails were all over the runways and I know you’re going to be seeing lots of different and fun ponytail hairstyles this season. Today, we focus on easy ponytail hairstyles. A hairstyle you can quickly do in the morning, without much fuss.
Let me know if there are any ponytail hairstyle you would like to see explained. I like to have fun with ponytails and try new styles I haven’t done before.
We’re first going to start with the sleek ponytail because this is the base for the other two hairstyles. Once you get the sleek ponytail down you can experiment with different styles to see which you like best. This is the approach I took when creating these 3 different looks.
I get asked frequently about the hair products I use. In case you’re wondering, I currently use CHI products. They have fabulous products that leave your hair silky smooth. I use their shampoo, conditioner, silk infusion, treatment, iron guard, etc. These are the products I used in this tutorial, besides, the Matrix hairspray.
- I start off with wet hair because almost every morning I take a shower. I add a dime size of CHI silk infusion to my damp hair, section off and spray some CHI Keratin Mist and start blowdrying.
- To get my hair stick straight I use a large paddle brush which it great for gals with long hair.
- Part your hair and sweep it back. You can part your hair on the side or center part, it’s your preference.
- Your hair should be pretty sleek after blowdrying so sweep it all back and smooth with a fine tooth comb. Use a hair tie and secure the ponytail. You could go higher but that’s a different hairstyle. Today we’re staying with a low ponytail.
- Get a small section of your hair from underneath the ponytail and wrap it around your hairband. Secure it with a couple of bobby pins.
- Spray any flyaways with hairspray, smooth them down and you’re done.
Now that you have your super sleek ponytail you can create the bubble ponytail. It’s very simple. Just make sure you have tiny elastic hairbands because large hair ties won’t work and will make it look weird.
Every couple of inches tie a elastic band around your ponytail. Slightly pinch and pull your hair where you tied it with a hairband, making that slight bubble look. Keep adding hair ties until you reach the end of your ponytail. Spray stray hair down if you see any flyaways.
Again, using your sleek ponytail as a base, let’s create another fun ponytail.
Note, the length of your hair will determine how many twists you can do. For my hair length I was able to do three.
- Wrap an elastic hairband around your ponytail about a third of the way down.
- Part your sectioned off hair in half and pull the ponytail through it. You’re pulling the tail towards you not away from you.
- Repeat this process until you reach the end of your ponytail.
- Wrap the end of your ponytail with another elastic hair tie to secure it and spray with hairspray.
The Best Hair Dryer
I’m not sure if you noticed in my last hair post but I was in need of a hair dryer! The lovely people of ghd sent me this amazing hair dryer, the ghd Air Hairdryer, to share with you. It is by far the best hair dryer I’ve ever used and owned. And I’ve been around a few awesome hair dryers, four of my aunts are hair stylists.
It dries my hair quickly and that’s saying a lot because I have a lot of hair. It comes with two nozzles for concentrated drying and uses an AC motor to make it super powerful. One of the biggest surprises is how quite it is. Less noisy than any others I’ve used before.
Share you ponytail hairstyles with me by tagging your pictures #Stylishlyme on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook so I can find them and like them!
That’s it! Let me know if there are any specific hairstyles you would like to see.
PS: I would really love it if you followed me on Instagram, I’m leaving to Italy soon and I would love for you to join me on the journey!