How to Wear Booties – 12 Style Tips You Need to Know
Our Love for Booties
I’m a big fan of boots and ankle boots/booties specifically. Booties come in different materials, colors, shapes and heel heights. You could wear booties to date nights, casual weekends and at times even the office. If you’re wondering how to wear booties and different style tips to keep in mind, then I believe you’ll find this post very valuable.
You might have come across my post, 20 stylish ways to wear boots, but if you haven’t I highly suggest you check it out. Out of the 20 outfits in that post, seven outfits were with booties. The booties were of different materials, color and heel height so you’ll get the idea of the versatility of booties.
How to Wear Booties
There are a lot of articles discussing the right and wrong way to wear booties. Is it right to cuff or not to cuff your jeans? Should I tuck in my jeans into my booties? What about loose fitting jeans, are they appropriate to wear with booties or would it look sloppy?
The first thing that you need to remember is that you need to love your outfit and feel confident and stylish. If you follow certain style tips, and you still don’t love how your booties look paired with what you are wearing them change the outfit. The ultimate goal is that you love what you wear.
But with most pieces in your wardrobe, there are some style tips that you should keep in mind to not only have a good outfit but a stylish outfit that you’ll receive a ton of compliments on.
Here are 12 style tips that will answer some questions on how to wear booties.
12 Style Tips to Remember When Wearing Ankle Boots
- Make sure your bootie cuts close to the ankle, so it appears to lengthen your legs. You’re looking for long sleek lines not stumpy. This style tip is especially important when wearing skirts, like in this outfit the booties cut close to the ankle to create a long, lean look.
- Rounded-toe boots are more casual and comfortable so wear rounded toe booties for casual occasions.
- Pointed-toe booties appear more feminine so opt for pointed-toe booties when going for a dressy outfit.
- Don’t wear jeans that are too long or too short. Your jeans should end at mid-ankle so you can tuck them in if you desire or roll them.
- If you want to roll the bottom of your jeans once or twice to make sure you leave about 1 inch of skin showing just above the boot to prevent your legs from looking stumpy. Unless I tuck in my jeans into my boots, I always show a bit of skin.
- Don’t pull your jeans over your boots, this just looks odd.
- Don’ wear jeans that are too loose like boyfriend jeans because when you roll them they will look too wide and you wouldn’t be able to tuck your jeans into your booties because there is too much material and it will bunch up.
- When tucking your jeans into your booties make sure you’re wearing skinny jeans or leggings, and the booties are wide enough to fit your jeans in comfortably. Like in this outfit.
- You can pair ankle boots with trousers if they are the right length and remember color coordinating is critical.
- In most instances booties with a stacked heel will look more flattering than flat ankle booties. A little bit of height can make a big difference.
- Thick cuffs look stylish as well, just remember to balance the look.
- You’ll get the most use out of booties in neutrals such as brown and black. If you’re considering investing in a pair of stylish booties, look for booties with a stacked heel in leather or suede in brown or black.
I hope this post answered some questions you had on how to wear booties.