How to Wear Tie-Dye This Spring
A Spring Tie-Dye Outfit
If you want to look “effortlessly chic” rather than “cool hipster” while wearing tie-dye this spring then read on!
There are many variations of tie-dye available. It’s printed on a variety of clothing pieces, from tanks to scarves. Also, there are a ton of tie-dye tops that have great tailored cuts and gorgeous draping. Depending on your style you might prefer a flowy shirt versus a tight fitting ribbed tee.
If you want to look and feel gorgeous while wearing this funky pattern here are a few key tips to keep in mind.
- If you’re not ready to commit to a loud and bright tie-dyed printed dress or shirt try out a long spring scarf. They are a great way to add some color and a fun print to your wardrobe without having to worry or feel like if you’re dressing like a “punk kid”. Take small steps.
- Wear tie-dye sparingly: one item at a time. Like many other patterns and trends you shouldn’t go overboard. If you’re wearing a tie-dye piece make sure the rest of your outfit is neutral and that some items match the colors in the tie-dyed item. Like in this outfit, I matched the color of my handbag to the blue in the top.
- Wearing a solid against a loud print, like tie-dye, will create a nice contrast and allow the tie-dye to be the focal point. You don’t want of the other items in your outfit to be distracting. Rather, you want the look to be cohesive. I’ve mentioned it various times on my blog but I’ll say it again. The look needs to be balanced. Every items needs to be supporting one another instead of competing for the spotlight.
- Don’t reach for the lime green and bright orange. Instead go for a more sophisticated palate. Think darker hues, such as the top I’m wearing in this post, or do a 180 and look for light, pale colors such as light pinks and aquas.
- Have fun and wear your tie-dye with confidence because only then will people notice you for being you!
Do you have any tie-dye items in your closet?
- Venus Racerback Tank gifted from Gypsy 05
- White Jeans from LOFT
- High Heeled Sandals from BCBG Max Azria
- ‘Eartha – Mini’ Top Handle Satchel gifted from Zac Posen