Napa in May
When taking a vacation to Napa Valley California there are many choices to make. You need to consider where you’ll stay, which wineries you’ll visit, the time of year you’ll go, and what you’ll pack.
Wine tasting attire in not necessarily difficult, you just need to consider the locations you’ll be visiting and the time of year you’ll be going.
This last time we went to Napa was in the springtime. May to be exact.
Napa Valley in May is chilly in the mornings and evenings, but the daytime temperature is perfect. But temperature is relative, I might like it a little cooler, but you might think it’s too cold and prefer a day in the upper 90s.
The weather in Napa during the springtime ranges from the high 60s to low 70s during the day and mid to high 40s in the morning and evening.
Take this into consideration and packing accordingly. I for one should have packed more sweaters.
Stylish Wine Tasting Attire
Taking the above points into consideration I should mention these photos were taken mid-day after the clouds had disappeared and the sun was shining.
I wore pants in the morning then switched to shorts as the day got warmer.
When putting together an outfit for wine tasting I consider the weather and location we’re going to.
These photos were taken in Castello di Amorosa, the popular castle winery in Napa. This winery has a very natural feel with lots of old world charm.
For my wine tasting attire, there are five points I follow to make sure I have a stylish and fuss-free time.
- Layer with a blazer – If you get a little cold you need a way to keep warm and for wine tasting I suggest a blazer. A blazer is a stylish option and you’ll never feel like you’re underdressed.
- Wear a hands free handbag – You want your hands free while wine tasting. There’s the wine glass, snacks, and other activities you will want both of your hands for. Also, if you carry a purse without a strap you run the risk of leaving it behind or setting it down without keeping an eye on it. To be safe and comfortable, I wear a mini crossbody or a handbag with a long shoulder strap.
- If you want some height wear wedges – For my gals that love height wear wedges instead of heels. Wedges are easier to walk in, won’t dig into the dirt or grass, more comfortable, and you’ll be less likely to fall. Here’s another outfit I’ve worn with wedges to Napa – What to Wear Wine Tasting – Stylish Outfit.
- Put your hair up in some way – If you’re planning on being out all day on the wine trail I would suggest putting your hair up in some way. This way you won’t have to worry about it getting frizzy, going flat, and you won’t have to mess with it during your wine tasting tour. In this outfit, I went with a braided bun.
- Wear a print for interest – If you want your wine tasting attire to attract some attention wear a pretty print. Depending on the rest of your outfit a bright print might be just what you need. For example, in this outfit I focused on the shorts. The neutral wedges, tank top and blazer make the orange patterned shorts pop.
Have you or are you traveling to Napa Valley soon?