Summer Starts Saturday!
This first day of summer is this Saturday and for the first time since I was a kid I’m looking forward to it!
We have so many fun things planned to share with you from; fun summer activities like picnics in the park to farmers markets and active summer sports like paddle boarding and hiking. Each of these activities will share how to prepare for it and of course what to wear!
Are you a fan of summer?
5 Ways To Liven Up A White Dress
Nothing screams summer quite like white outfits, well maybe swim suits but white follows quickly behind it.
Much like the little black dress a little white dress is just as important, especially during summer. These white dresses can be feminine and flowing or chic with straight cuts. They can be dressed up for summer cocktails or worn casually for days exploring a beach town. With the right accessories the little white dress can be transformed into whatever you need it to be.
There are tons of ways you can style a white dress but today I’ll share with you five simple ways that and you can easily try the next time you wear your white dress.
- Add a denim jacket. To instantly break up the head to toe white add a denim jacket. I wanted to keep the look light and airy so I selected a light wash cropped denim jacket and rolled up the sleeves. You don’t want the jacket to weight down the overall look so make sure to select a wash and a cut that goes with the vibe you’re trying to achieve.
- Top it off with a hat. Choose a summer hat that flatters your face and adds to the overall look. Select a light color like white or khaki to keep with the summery feel. I wore a white straw panama hat because it’s light in color and in weight.
- Wear dainty gold accessories. The feel I was trying to achieve was light and airy so instead of stacking on heavy bangles I wore dainty gold jewelry. This style of jewelry looks great against flowy white dresses.
- Add color and embellishments through your footwear. So far this outfit has been very light so to add an unexpected touch I wore bright embellished sandals. Embellished or bright sandals add a real pop to the outfit and don’t add any weight to the look because the embellishments are at your feet.
- Select a cute structured crossbody instead of the expected boho handbag. You don’t want to be predictable so instead of wearing an unstructured boho bag that’s brown or with fringe why not go with something cute and structured. This little structured pastel crossbody keeps the look from being too free spirited.
A few other important details not to forget:
- Wear a slip. White dresses and skirts can be see through so if your dress doesn’t already have a slip sewn into it make sure to wear one!
- Always wear nude underwear with white clothing! Avoid any color that will show through the fabric, especially black.
I hope these tips have you thinking of different ways you can wear a white dress this summer.
Let me know how you style your summer white dress!
White Dress gifted from SheInside
Embellished Sandals gifted from Naughty Monkey
Cropped Denim Jacket from LOFT
Crossbody from Ivanka Trump Handbags –
9 Trendy Ways to Style Your Summer Hats This Year » SeasonOutfit
[…] Source: stylishlyme […]
I’ve chosen this to be one of my “What I Love” looks for this week. I hope you’ll keep an eye out on my blog today.
Thank you so much for including me! Love that you love the look!
Sarah from Loser Girl Wins
Love this dress and your tips are perfect. Your so right about pairing this look with a crossbody bag instead of a boho huge thing. 🙂
xx Sarah | Loser Girl Wins
VanessaSarah from Loser Girl Wins
Yay, so excited you like the tips and you agree with the crossbody! I think it adds a nice unexpected dimension. 3
Dale Janee @SavvySpice.com
I love your site and your so right how it’s important to have a little white dress too. You look great!
xo from Switzerland
VanessaDale Janee @SavvySpice.com
Thank you Dale! Very happy you found and liked my blog! <3
Megan // F Yeah!
Love how you styled your LWD and can’t believe those sandals are by Naughty Monkey. They look much more expensive than they are, which is my favorite kind of finds!
Megan // http://www.fyeahblog.com
VanessaMegan // F Yeah!
I know aren’t they great! I love finding unique sandals that stand out!
love that bag!
So pretty, you wore this perfectly!
Thank you Cara! <3
Thanks for checking out my blog.
Great tips! I have so many white dresses and I can’t wait to wear them!
Thank you Sarah – happy that you found them useful!