Tips and Advice on Wearing Animal Prints
At times it can be very difficult trying to figure out how to wear those tricky animal prints. If not worn correctly they can be overpowering and even unflattering. I carefully walk into the animal print territory, as I know that wearing too much animal print can make even the best outfit look primal. Don’t let this warning stop you from wearing these empowering prints, as it’s an opportunity to be a little bold and daring.
If you’re like me, always trying to put your best fashion foot forward, than I know these tips will help you the next time you’re looking to buy or wear leopard, cheetah, zebra or any other animal print. There is a fine line between looking stylish and looking tawdry when wearing these show-stopping accessories or clothes so please take note.
When wearing animal prints remember:
- Wear only one piece of animal print at a time.
- Keep the rest of your outfit simple and crisp with clean lines and neutral colors.
- Only buy animal prints in their true colors. You don’t see blue and pink cheetahs running around in the wild.
- Buy quality pieces. This should not be an item you try to save money on. The cheaper the material the cheaper the look and that is not good.
- If you’re a little nervous about wearing these types of prints try a print in an accessory first. A leopard print belt, shoe or scarf is the perfect way to get started.
- Don’t overpower your animal print piece with lots of accessories. Keep accessories simple and tasteful. In this outfit, I stuck to simple gold accessories. A couple of stacked rings, gold bracelet and gold stud earrings.
- If you’re going to mix prints, keep the coordinating print simple. As you can see from the photos, I mixed black floral pumps with a leopard top. The perfect balance of animal print and sophisticated floral. The black in the pumps continued the black line from the black skinnies to the floor.
- Most important – be comfortable with the animal print clothing or accessory you decide wearing. The first thing people will notice is your confidence before your outfit.
How do you wear animal prints?
Photos by: @peterlang