Tips and Advice on Wearing Animal Prints
At times it can be very difficult trying to figure out how to wear those tricky animal prints. If not worn correctly they can be overpowering and even unflattering. I carefully walk into the animal print territory, as I know that wearing too much animal print can make even the best outfit look primal. Don’t let this warning stop you from wearing these empowering prints, as it’s an opportunity to be a little bold and daring.
If you’re like me, always trying to put your best fashion foot forward, than I know these tips will help you the next time you’re looking to buy or wear leopard, cheetah, zebra or any other animal print. There is a fine line between looking stylish and looking tawdry when wearing these show-stopping accessories or clothes so please take note.
When wearing animal prints remember:
- Wear only one piece of animal print at a time.
- Keep the rest of your outfit simple and crisp with clean lines and neutral colors.
- Only buy animal prints in their true colors. You don’t see blue and pink cheetahs running around in the wild.
- Buy quality pieces. This should not be an item you try to save money on. The cheaper the material the cheaper the look and that is not good.
- If you’re a little nervous about wearing these types of prints try a print in an accessory first. A leopard print belt, shoe or scarf is the perfect way to get started.
- Don’t overpower your animal print piece with lots of accessories. Keep accessories simple and tasteful. In this outfit, I stuck to simple gold accessories. A couple of stacked rings, gold bracelet and gold stud earrings.
- If you’re going to mix prints, keep the coordinating print simple. As you can see from the photos, I mixed black floral pumps with a leopard top. The perfect balance of animal print and sophisticated floral. The black in the pumps continued the black line from the black skinnies to the floor.
- Most important – be comfortable with the animal print clothing or accessory you decide wearing. The first thing people will notice is your confidence before your outfit.
How do you wear animal prints?
Photos by: @peterlang
How to Wear Animal Print Shoes: Top 13 Feminine Outfit Ideas for Ladies - FMag.com
[…] source […]
9 Mistakes to Avoid at All Costs in Your Summer Outfits – The Wardrobe Stylist
[…] some people love animal prints (me included), this is an area where you should show caution. Leopard print especially has been […]
Thanks , I have recently been searching for info about this topic for ages and
yours is the best I have found out so far. But, what in regards to the conclusion? Are you sure concerning the source?
Timeless Fashion Trends That Will Never Disappear
[…] real anymore, animal prints still survive in modern fashion. The browns, beiges and whites are all extremely versatile, which is probably why they keep coming back. It’s pretty brave to characterise your whole look […]
L.O.V.E! The floral shoes and leopard shirt great idea!!
i love leopard print like no ones business. wow… love the outfit, but u are drop dead gorg. so stunning…xO!
I love how you paired a leopard print top with floral heels!
Hi!! This week I have choose one of your looks for speacking about “grey color”. I hope you´ll receive a lot of visits because I love your site!! Kisses from Madrid!! Muá
Thank you! I’ll take a look.
You look damn gorgeous darling! love your jewels !
Wanna follow each other on FB/Instagram and Twitter ?
You Look Gorgeous!! Very Minutely analyzed and executed tip about the Animal Print. I do agree of keeping the look simple while wearing these and Absolutely true that you should always go for the true Color Animal Print and Not any Wacky Colored one!!
Twitter : ur bubbly butterfly
ha I’m very glad you agree with the true colored animal prints =)!
cute print mixing down to the shoes
kw ladies in navy
I love animal prints and you styled them in a perfect way! Your tips are great, when it comes to animal prints less is certainly more in order to create an elegnt, stylish look rather than looking cheap.
Annette | Lady of Style
Thank you so much Annette! Very happy you like the tips!
Absolutely LOVE the top and the jewelry!
Fantastic look dear! so well done, the top is amazing.
I totally adore the pumps!
=) thank you!