The Beautiful Point Lobos State Reserve
This beautiful coastal destination is just a quick drive from Monterey, California and one of my favorite locations for a day trip to Carmel by the Sea. Point Lobos is where I go to escape the desk and computer to enjoy some fresh air.
It’s not just enough for me to tell you what a glorious place Point Lobos State Reserve is, and that you should definitely plan on visiting it one day. This is why I wanted to offer a better explanation: 10 reasons you need to visit Point Lobos and have our photos to go with it!
- Enjoy crystal clear water in a little secluded pebble beach.
- Get some exercise walking along the quiet hiking paths.
- Have a vast unobstructed view of the ocean.
- See cute deer peaking out from bushes.
- View the great kelp forest.
- Be amazed by the most gorgeous stone staircase.
- Hike around for lots of fun and some really cool photos.
- View beautiful coves filled with seals.
- Be fascinated by the abundance of wildlife; sea otters, deers, rabbits, lots of birds and tide pool animals.
- If you go at the right time of year you might even see whales!
Scroll through the post to view the photos that relate to each point!
Peter and I love national and state parks which is why we make an effort to to visit various locations at least once or twice a year. These preserved lands are filled with natural beauties that will capture your senses like nothing else. Yosemite is another one of our favorite locations. Our next trip is Zion National Park in Utah – it’s on my must-see list!
I hope you enjoy this post and let me know if you’ve ever visited this magical place.
P.S. I’ve shared with you the magnificent Point Lobos State Reserve before, check it out.