Summer Vacation Outfits
When you’re planning a beach vacation, you have much to look forward to: relaxation, yummy tropical drinks, sun, sand, sea and, of course, a cute outfit for every day you’re on vacation!
Peter and I had the pleasure of exploring and enjoying everything that the gorgeous beaches of Mexico had to offer. We spent two weeks in this tropical destination and had fantastic days filled with snorkeling, hiking, swimming, and relaxation.
My beach vacation wardrobe consisted of beach dresses, hats, and sandals. A cute summer outfit for every day of our vacation.
For the month of July and August look forward to many cute outfit posts from our travels in Mexico and throughout California.
As you will see in this summer outfit series, many of my outfits consist of off-the-shoulder dresses or rompers, strappy sandals, flowy tops, denim or chino shorts, and a neutral bag that matches every outfit.
Cute Outfit for the Beach
These photos were taken in Cancun, Mexico at Nizuc Resort and Spa. Nizuc is a luxury resort on the Yucatán Peninsula that overlooks the Caribbean Sea. It’s the first resort in the hotel zone in Cancun. I’ll share details and more photos about this one-of-a-kind resort in a separate blog post.
This was our first full day in Mexico, and we were greeted with sunny skies and turquoise waters.
For my first cute outfit of our beach vacation I wore an off-the-shoulder embroidered dress in dark blue. The pattern on the dress and the light fabric went perfectly with the location. Since the off-the-shoulder dress is the focal point of this outfit, I paired it with neutral accessories, so the accessories added to the look instead of detracting from the dress.
When traveling to the beach or any other location I usually always pack neutral pieces with one or two bright items. Neutral colors make it easy to mix and match your separates to create a variety of cute outfits. This also applies to accessories, not just clothing. For our two-week beach vacation in Mexico, I only packed one handbag, one hat, two sandals, and a pair of brown wedges. (I’ll share my packing list and outfits toward the end of this summer outfit series.)
When planning a cute outfit for your beach vacation keep these simple style tips in mind:
- Less is more, especially in Mexico. It’s hot and humid, and you don’t want a lot of layers or accessories.
- Wear a hat. I wore a hat every day I was in Mexico because it adds a cute touch to simple outfits and it protects your face from the sun!
- Cute sandals make a huge difference. Instead of flips flops, opt for a pair of flat ankle strap, embellished, or gladiator sandals.
- Wear a handbag that matches the environment & outfit. Too many times I see vacation outfits paired with structured totes or handbags that are meant for city outfits, not the beach. Make sure you carry a handbag that has a relaxed summer and beach feel.
- Neutral jewelry is cuter than statement jewelry. In one of these outfit photos, you’ll see that the only jewelry I’m wearing is a dainty gold necklace. I did this to keep with the natural, free feeling of the outfit and the location.
Are you planning a beach vacation soon?
I hope this cute outfit post from my summer outfit series has given you some summer style inspiration!
Shop the Look