My Perfect Beach Outfit
Beach Outfit Tips and Ideas
This might surprise you but I don’t spend much time at the beach. I live inland, therefore, to enjoy the sandy beaches in my gorgeous state of California we have to make a trip of it.
Last Sunday, I was part of a blogging panel in San Francisco so we took advantage of the weekend off and spent Saturday at the beach before heading to the city.
Depending on the type of beach and planned activities for the day what you wear can vary greatly. For example, if you’re looking to relax on the hot sand while working on your tan you wouldn’t necessarily need a rashgaurd. I’m not a beach bum, so I’m far from being the best person to give you outfit advice on the matter but I’ll let you know what I do to get beach ready.
- Wear your favorite and most flattering bathing suit, the last thing you need is to feel self-conscious while your trying to enjoy the sun.
- Don’t forget your sunglasses but if you’re sunbathing don’t forget to take them off.
- Pack a light weight cover-up like a chiffon skirt, wrap, sarong or tank cover-up for shielding from the sun or for walking to and from the beach.
- Bring a large beach bag to hold and carry your belongings, like shorts, magazines, your phone, water, snacks and even a change of clothes.
- Don’t be shy and wear some fashionable beach accessories like a fun colorful necklace that matches your beach outfit. Like I did in this outfit.
- But by far the most important thing you’ll be wearing on the beach is sun protection! “Wear sunscreen.” – Baz Luhrmann
- Have fun!
I would love to know what you wear to the beach!