Printed & Colored Denim Outfit Tips and Ideas
Printed and colored denim are my go to pants for summer. I can style them a myriad of ways and change up my style to create a variety of looks. In this outfit, I wanted to keep the white theme so I wore a cropped white denim vest with matching accessories. To emphasize the color in the denim I matched the bracelets and headband to the denim.
What do you think of the headband? When I was fixing my hair I was playing around with all the different ways I could wear this headband – I might do a post on it (let me know if you would be interested in a beauty post!).
- Since denim automatically gives off the casual vibe you need to think about where you’re going to wear the pants. If you’re planning to dress up the denim, take the color of the pants and your accessories into consideration.
- Since colored and printed denim have a loud and bright vibe you want to keep the rest of the outfit subtle and keep the color neutral. Offset the loud color with something like, black, white, brown or cream.
- Pair bright or printed jeans with a graphic print such as: nautical stripes, chevron, or polka dots.
- When selecting a graphic print top don’t pick something that has too much going on or is too “matchy matchy”. You don’t need to match the colors in the graphic print to the denim instead find complementary colors.
- If you’re unsure where to begin in the printed and color denim craze than start with burgundy. Burgundy is universally flattering and works for all body types.
- Opt for a skinny jean fit – if you’re just beginning to wear this trend, select low-rise, body-conscious fits over loose or flare and boot cuts.
- When you finally get to the store and start evaluating different styles, colors and prints make sure to try them on, the last thing you need is to invest in a cute pair of denim that don’t fit like a glove!
- If you’re looking to enhance the colors in the printed denim, try matching your accessories to it. In this outfit, I matched my bracelets and headband to similar colors that are found in these awesome pair of jeans.
Have you worn printed or colored denim yet? I would love to know what you think of this bright trend!