How to Wear Riding Boots
You might have noticed from my various boot outfits that my favorite shoes to wear during the fall are boots! Every shape, color and style. I love there versatility and warmth during these cold months.
I feel the most comfortable types of boots to wear during the fall and winter are riding boots.
Great things about riding boots are: since they have a very low heel you don’t have to worry about getting tired, they have a convenient zipper, keep your legs warm and of course they look uber stylish. When purchasing your own pair, look for a good quality leather so you don’t have to worry about them getting ruined in the rain or snow. Unlike your favorite pair of heels (you shouldn’t be wearing heels in the rain anyways) a superior quality of boots is all you need.
Even though most of the attention will be draw to boots during the fall there are a few things you need to keep in mind when wearing riding boots.
- If you’re going to wear pants with your riding boots and you want to tuck them into your boots you have to wear skinny jeans.
- A pair of dark wash skinny jeans will make you look tall and lean and the jeans won’t bunch up inside your boots.
- If you’re feeling adventurous play with different pant colors. Wear green, black or even tan and really go for the equestrian look.
- Since your bottom half is very fitted, wear a light flowy shirt for your top half. In this outfit I wore form fitting jeans and balanced the look with a burgundy silk top to create movement, then added a blazer and topped it off with a jersey scarf to keep the outfit fall themed.
- If you’re going to wear boot cut jeans – select denim that will slip comfortably and loosely over your riding boots. Make sure your jeans are long enough to cover the majority of your boot and the jeans crinkle over the front of your boot.
The riding boots I’m wearing in this outfit are from Ariat, I love their quality and sleekness. Its two tone color, buckle embellishments and perfect stitching really make them the center of any outfit. I can’t wait to wear them with an oversized knitted sweater, leggings and a sweater dress and of course with boot cut jeans,cream blazer and wool hat.
To learn more about Ariat and enter their fabulous giveaway on Facebook, please visit: http://bit.ly/1hQteNk
How do you wear your favorite pair of boots?
PS: Want some more boot outfit inspiration?! Check out 20 Stylish Ways to Wear Boots.
Photos by: @peterlang
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Ariat.